These are some documents I generated while working on my project. These includes some tips for you on installing Oracle 8i, Oracle 9i, tomcat for Apache web server (Jsp/servlet stuff), and of course, Frontpage extension with Apache web server. NOTE: I use Linux, but I'll bet its pretty much the same thing for other *nix's such as Solaris.
I decided to put up these documents to share with you (I am sure soon google would take you to my site when you are researching tips and work arounds while you bang your head into the wall on these problems. Yes, these couple informal pages are something I spend hours to figure it out with help of other cool guys websites. So, now it is my time to contribute to the public)
NEWS: I just post some document I generated for IPSec (IP security)
Feel free to email me if you have questions or suggestions mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org,
Want to know me more? check out About Ying.
1. Oracle 8i installation tips on Glibc2.2.x systems (remember, Oracle 8i is compiled against Glibc2.1.x so it will NOT work on the Linux distributions such as Mandrake 8.0, Redhat 7.2...etc. (Oracle8i.doc) (Oracle8i.htm)
NOTE: By the way, Oracle 9i should work fine on those Distributions with Glibc2.2.x and Kernel 2.4.x (such as Mandrake 8.0 and Redhat 7.2) I had it working without any problems.
2. Instructions for installing tomcat and frontpage extension for Linux with apache web server (tomcat_fp2.doc) (tomcat_fp2.htm)
3. Tips on how to make tomcat work with Oracle 9i (tomcat_oracle9i.doc) (tomcat_oracle9i.htm)
4. IPSec (IP Security): part 1, part 2 and part 3.
5. IPSec Tutorial/Howto: IPSec Tutorial/Howto(NEW!)
Go back to main page
Last updated 6-15-2004You are Visitor